Cary 3500 Multicell UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
Cary 3500 Multicell UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
The Cary 3500 comes complete with Cary UV Workstation software—a next-generation analytical platform with streamlined methods for wavelength reads, scanning, concentration, kinetics, and temperature measurements. When configured with Agilent OpenLab data management software, Cary UV Workstation data is managed, protected, and stored in a local or central secure database.
- UV-Vis & UV-Vis-NIR Instruments
- Measure samples at four temperatures across eight cuvette positions in a single experiment and collect data from each cuvette simultaneously.
- Control the temperature of your samples accurately and quickly from 0 to 110 °C without water, noise, or messy cables using a unique and fully integrated air-cooled Peltier system.
- Control UV-Vis thermal ramp measurements at up to 40 °C/min using highly accurate, solid-state digital Cary temperature probes that control experimental temperature from inside the cuvette.
- Ensure analytical accuracy for small-volume measurements with a highly-collimated and uniform beam of less than 1.5 mm width, coupled with permanent optical alignment of the stationary cell holders.
- Reduce data processing time and calculation errors with more than 50 built-in and customized calculations that can be saved and applied automatically to any method used routinely.
- Achieve research grade photometric performance, stability, and range with a double beam spectrophotometer featuring leading optical technologies.
- Be up and running in minutes by following the intuitive video tutorials in Cary UV Workstations Help and Learning Center.
- Meet data integrity standards—provides the technical controls to securely acquire, process, report and store data in laboratories that must follow the compliance guidelines of FDA 21 CFR Part 11, EU Annex 11, GAMP5, as well as ISO/IEC 17025 and EPAs 40 CFR Part 160.
- Store and manage your Cary 3500 Multicell UV-Vis spectrophotometer data in a local secured storage on the workstation PC, or in a central storage location.
- Deploy the OpenLab software suite and get optional secure database storage for electronic records, complete administration for users and access privileges, software licensing, and security settings—e-signature workflow and enhanced audit trail review capabilities.
|Maximum Scanning Speed||
|Photometric Range (Abs)||
- Key Literature
Cary 3500 UV-Vis Brochure
Learn about the Agilent Cary 3500 UV-Vis spectrophotometer
- 30 Mar 2023
- 5.40 MB
Amplify Confidence in Your Data Integrity
How to get the functionality you need for compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 or EU Annex 11 when using the Agilent Cary 3500 UV-Vis instrument.
- 29 Aug 2022
- 749.43 KB
Evaluating an Innovative Analytical ID Testing Strategy for Oligonucleotides
This case study with Vetter Pharma describes how the Agilent Cary 3500 is being used for oligonucleotide identification tests.
- Application Notes
- 26 Feb 2023
- 373.66 KB
- Application Notes
- Technical Overviews
- White Papers
UV-Vis Spectroscopy & Spectrophotometer FAQs
An introduction to the basics of UV-Vis spectroscopy and UV-Vis spectrophotometers, with FAQs on the fundamentals of UV-Vis, how UV-Vis spectrophotometers work, UV-Vis analysis, applications, accessories, and measurement techniques.
- Instruction Sheets
- Site Preparation Checklists
- User Manuals
Didn't find what you need? Contact our support team.
Read reviews on the Cary 3500 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
Explore customer reviews posted on SelectScience, or write your own review.
Thermal Melts Time Saving Calculator
See how much time the Cary 3500 UV-Vis can save your lab compared to your current thermal melt workflows.
UV-Vis Spectroscopy Learning Tools
Get your Basics of UV-Vis Spectrophotometry handbook, and a pack of four undergraduate teaching lab experiments.
Multicell UV-Vis Spectrometer Applications
Discover unique multicell UV-Vis experiment capabilities—for routine analysis and challenging measurements.
Molecular Spectroscopy Pharma & Biopharma Solutions Guide
Learn about products & applications in pharma & biopharma using UV-Vis, FTIR, fluorescence, SORS & TRS technology.
Data Integrity Resource Center
Explore relevant information on data integrity
Alexandra Heussner, PhD
Laboratory Manager, Analytical Science Laboratory (ASL), Vetter Pharma-Fertigung GmbH & Co. KG, Ravensburg, Germany
There is a trend towards using melting temperature (Tm) in combination with intact mass measurement, combining sequence and mass to achieve unequivocal identification. Though different analytical techniques have been thoroughly reviewed, this Tm-based strategy has been discussed at expert conferences and is supported by many oligonucleotide-developing and -producing pharmaceutical companies. For this approach, the Cary 3500 UV‑Vis provides state-of-the-art technology. Temperature can be accurately set with the integrated Peltier element and controlled with the in-cuvette probes. The design of the multizone instrument with four cuvette pairs allows measuring samples and references in paralView More
PhD Candidate, La Trobe University, Australia
Carlos discusses his work on urinary tract infections, including multicell use of the Cary 3500 UV-Vis.View More
Benjamin Tadgell, Eser M. Akinoglu
ARC Centre of Excellence in Exciton Science School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne
We are impressed with the fast scan, user friendly modular design and high throughput of Agilent Cary 3500 UV-Vis. In particular, the great temperature ramping rate and sensitivity makes our work easier. Our project uses UV-Vis to research how temperature affects the scattering properties of gold nanoparticles coated in PNIPAM polymer. As temperature increased over the 30 – 40 °C range, the polymer collapses and the particles aggregate; we are interested in understanding the dynamics of these processes. Wavelength scans at different temperatures, and thermal gradient scans are used to partially characterize these processes. We also do these measurements over a range of pH, salt concentratView More
Facilitating Data Integrity and Compliance - Advancing Pharmaceutical Technologies
This pharmaceutical expert presentation and discussion forum focuses on data integrity and compliance, particularly in QA/QC, development, and manufacturing.
Advances in Drug Target Characterization: A New UV-Vis Spectroscopy Approach for Protein Investigation
Protein characterization plays a key role in the discovery and development of new drug targets and therapeutics.
New Capabilities for Biomolecule Analysis with the Agilent Cary 3500 UV-Vis
This webcast will discuss how using the Agilent Cary 3500 UV-Vis for biomolecule analysis has improved workflow efficiencies.
Webinar: Maximizing Up-Time and Reducing Cost of Ownership with the New Cary 3500 Flexible UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
The use of UV-Vis is limited by the workflows needed to make measurements efficiently. Pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical materials have become more sophisticated in life science research across fields (such as cancer research, drug development, vaccines, and quality control in regulated environments). The technology used for the analysis should evolve, too. This webinar will highlight the benefits of the new Agilent Cary 3500 Flexible UV-Vis spectrophotometer and its capabilities in improving workflows in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 24 Apr 2023
Agilent Announces High-Performance Cary 3500 Flexible UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
Agilent today announced the new Cary 3500 Flexible UV-Vis spectrophotometer—the latest member of the Cary 3500 UV-Vis series—with advanced photometric performance for a diverse range of sample types. The system offers a unique large sample compartment with a small footprint, for analyzing liquid samples including long path length cuvettes, as well as characterizing solid samples. Cary 3500 systems now include a 10-year warranty xenon flash lamp and can be deployed in regulated environments using the Agilent OpenLab software suite.
- 03 Apr 2023
Cary 3500 UV-Vis Spectrophotometers Now Include 10-year Xenon Flash Lamp Warranty
Starting 1st April 2023, the Cary 3500 UV-Vis spectrophotometer series includes 10-year xenon flash lamp warranty (for Cary 3500 instruments purchased from Agilent or participating partners). Our advanced xenon flash lamp technology operates at 250 Hz, for a data collection rate of 250 points per second. Xenon lamps also require no warmup time, and with 10-year peace of mind you can drastically reduce the frequency and cost of conventional lamp replacement.
- 01 Apr 2023