Agilent Early Career Professor Award
Now accepting applications for the 2020 Award
2020 Focus: Contributions to the development of breakthrough live cell analysis technologies for measuring cellular responses to chemical/pharmaceutical treatments and genetic manipulations, including those that could advance cell-based therapies.
The purpose of the Agilent Early Career Professor Award is to:
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Significant original research contributions enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- Alignment with the 2020 Focus: Contributions to the development of breakthrough live cell analysis technologies for measuring cellular responses to chemical/pharmaceutical treatments and genetic manipulations, including those that could advance cell-based therapies.
Professor completion of Ph.D. (or completion of residency for M.D. or M.D. – Ph.D.) no earlier than January 2010. See FAQ
- An unrestricted research award of $100,000 to be distributed in 2 years to university in the professor's name
- Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount
- Option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $100,000
- Engraved plaque commemorating award
- Recognition on Agilent's website
Application Process for 2020:
- 2020 Nomination Form (.doc, 71kb)
The nomination form requires contact information, a summary of the nominee's qualifications and future directions (up to 1000 words), a nomination letter (up to 500 words) and a CV. Self-nominations are encouraged. Please do not include any proprietary information.
- Completed nomination form is sent to Agilent University Relations:
- Nomination deadline – February 28, 2020.
- Five finalists will be chosen from the pool of nominees by the Agilent Early Career Professor Award Committee using the criteria above. Finalists are announced by April 30, 2020.
- Finalists are to submit two letters of recommendation addressing why the candidate is an excellent match to the award selection criteria along with a photo. Deadline – May 29, 2020.
- The award winner will be announced by July 17, 2020.
- Award is bestowed upon professor in suitable ceremony. The winner's photo will be posted on the website.
- Winner is invited to make a presentation at an Agilent site (at Agilent’s expense).
- Past and present winners names are posted on the Agilent website along with articles highlighting the principal academic contributions for which the awardees were selected.