Agilent Early Career Professor Award
Now accepting applications for the 2021 Award
2021 Focus: Contributions to the development of breakthrough solutions to understand or manage immunological responses to infection, autoimmunity or cancer.
The purpose of the Agilent Early Career Professor Award is to:
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Significant original research contributions enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- Alignment with the 2021 Focus: Contributions to the development of breakthrough solutions to understand or manage immunological responses to infection, autoimmunity or cancer.
- Professor completed Ph.D. (residency in case of M.D.'s or M.D. Ph.D's) not earlier than January 2011. See FAQ
- An unrestricted research award of $100,000 to be distributed in 2 years to university in the professor's name
- Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount
- Option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $100,000
- Engraved plaque commemorating award
- Recognition on Agilent's website
Application Process for 2021:
- 2021 Nomination Form (.doc, 83kb)
The nomination form requires contact information, a summary of the nominee's qualifications and future directions (up to 1000 words), a nomination letter (up to 500 words) and a CV. Self-nominations are encouraged. Please do not include any proprietary information.
- Completed nomination form is sent to Agilent University Relations:
- Nomination deadline – February 26, 2021.
- Five finalists will be chosen from the pool of nominees by the Agilent Early Career Professor Award Committee using the criteria above. Finalists are announced by April 30, 2021.
- Finalists are to submit two letters of recommendation addressing why the candidate is an excellent match to the award selection criteria along with a photo. Deadline – May 28, 2021.
- The award winner will be announced by July 20, 2021.
- Award is bestowed upon professor in suitable ceremony. The winner's photo will be posted on the website.
- Winner is invited to make a presentation at an Agilent site (at Agilent’s expense).
- Winners names and headshots are posted on the program’s website highlighting the principal academic contributions for which the awardees were selected.