Agilent Early Career Professor Award
Finalists for the 2023 Agilent Early Career Professor Award
(in alphabetical order)
- Ajit Divakaruni, University of California, Los Angeles
- Alex Walsh, Texas A&M University
- Jeffrey Millman, Washington University in St Louis
- Paul Jensen, University of Michigan
- Sandro Matosevic, Purdue University
Congratulations to each of the finalists for the 2023 Agilent Early Career Professor Award for rising to the top of a very competitive group of nominees!
Next Steps and Details for 2023 AECPA Finalists
- Finalists are to submit two letters of recommendation addressing why the candidate is an excellent match to the award selection criteria along with a photo. Deadline – June 16, 2023.
- The award winner will be announced by July 18, 2023.
- The award is bestowed upon the winner in a suitable ceremony and their photo will be posted on the Agilent website.
- The winner is invited to make a presentation at an Agilent site (at Agilent’s expense).
- Past and present winners’ names and headshots are posted on the Agilent website along with articles highlighting the principal academic contributions for which the awardees were selected.
Previous information and instructions
- To promote and encourage excellent research enabling technologies important to Agilent and the world
- To establish strong collaborative relationships with leading professors early in their career
- To build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Professor must hold a tenure-tracked faculty position
- Must have completed Ph.D. or M.D. residency within 12 years of award year
(additional extensions may apply, please see FAQ)
- Alignment with the Focus Topic: Contributions to the development of live cell analytical tools to identify and measure novel critical quality attributes (CQA) to advance biomanufacturing applications.
- Significant original research contributions enabling technologies of importance to Agilent and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- An unrestricted research award of $120K to be distributed in 2 years to university in the professor's name.
- Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount.
- Option to accelerate payments for equipment with list price over $120K.
- Winner will receive an engraved plaque commemorating award, presented in a suitable ceremony.
- Winner is invited to make a presentation at an Agilent site (at Agilent's expense).
- Winner's name, photo and research highlights will be featured on the AECPA website.