Countdown to Agilent Technologies’ Procurement System Changes May 1st
Dear Valued Supplier,
We are now approximately six weeks away from the May 1 Procurement System changes we alerted you to last month. To confirm, these changes affect our indirect materials purchase order (PO) numbers beginning with 9XXX.
The actions you need to take – and what you can expect from us – depend on the status of your Agilent indirect materials POs. There are three possible scenarios:
1) You have no open indirect materials POs with Agilent:
- No action required. All future indirect materials POs you receive from Agilent will be issued from Ariba/SAP rather than iProcurement/Oracle, but otherwise will contain the same information about shipping and invoicing as before.
2) You have an open indirect materials PO that will be fully shipped and invoiced prior to April 14, 2016:
- Please ensure your deliveries are completed and invoices are received by Agilent Accounts Payable no later than April 14.
- You will not receive a replacement PO since your existing PO will be fully closed prior to the transition to Ariba/SAP.
- Payment will be remitted based on your terms with Agilent – allowing for the payment blackout period April 20-May 13 (click here for FAQs).
- All future indirect materials POs you receive from Agilent will be issued from Ariba/SAP rather than iProcurement/Oracle.
3) You have an open indirect materials PO that will NOT be fully shipped and invoiced prior to April 14, 2016:
- Deliveries completed and invoices received by Agilent Accounts Payable on or prior to April 14 will be processed normally based on your terms with Agilent – allowing for the payment blackout period April 20-May 13. (click here for FAQs)
- You will receive a replacement PO in early May. To see what the new PO will look like, and how it will reference your existing PO, please (click here for FAQs).
- All future shipments and invoices must be made against the new, replacement PO number.
- If you continue to ship indirect materials or provide services to Agilent during the payment blackout period April 20-May 13 (click here for FAQs), invoices cannot be submitted to Agilent Accounts Payable until you have received the replacement PO number.
Two changes that will affect ALL of our indirect materials suppliers:
1) Electronic Receipt Settlement (ERS) Invoices / Self Billing (SBI) Invoices may look different:
- Because we are changing procurement systems, our ERS / SBI invoices may look slightly different than in the past. They will contain the same information even though they may have a different layout.
2) Single PO lines may have only one ship-to address:
- Starting on May 1, invoices submitted against a single line item on a PO may have only a single ship-to address. Invoices that do not meet this requirement will be returned for reissuance.
If you also provide direct materials to Agilent’s manufacturing operations, you may receive additional notifications regarding the payment blackout period.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your current Agilent Procurement representative. You may also send your questions to the following email nodes:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and our Supplier Communications / Critical Dates Schedule are posted here on the Agilent website.
Thank you for your support as we implement this procurement system transition.
Global Sourcing Senior Director
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
|Woai Sheng Chow
VP/GM Global Supply Chain
Agilent Technologies, Inc.