Agilent Corporate Citizenship Report 2013
NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION
Agilent Technologies Inc.
PRIMARY BRANDS, PRODUCTS, AND/OR SERVICES
Agilent's singular focus on measurement helps scientists, researchers, and engineers address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. Our products and services help to deliver the breakthroughs that make a measurable difference. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries.
Agilent holds many product and market leadership positions, including first worldwide in overall test and measurement products as well as in gas chromatographs and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. We are also a leading test and measurement equipment supplier to the telecommunications industry. With a singular focus on measurement, we:
- Advance next-generation wireless communications.
- Help the military become more flexible, mobile and reliable.
- Enable nondestructive subsurface electronic testing of semiconductor materials.
- Analyze the causes and cures for disease.
- Make the world more safe and secure from crime and drugs.
- Aid in the discovery and quality of medicines.
- Keep our air, water, soil and food clean and safe.
More information about Agilent product, brand and services: Agilent Products and Services
OPERATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE ORGANIZATION, INCLUDING MAIN DIVISIONS, OPERATING COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AND JOINT VENTURES
Agilent offers the broadest range of innovative measurement solutions in the industry. The company's four businesses—Chemical Analysis, Life Sciences, Diagnostics and Genomics, and Electronic Measurement—provide customers with products and services that make a real difference in the lives of people everywhere. And at Agilent Research Laboratories we conduct research that anticipates customer needs and produces breakthroughs that power growth.
LOCATION OF ORGANIZATION'S HEADQUARTERS
Agilent Technologies Inc.
5301 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Phone: (408) 553-2424
NUMBER OF COUNTRIES WHERE THE ORGANIZATION OPERATES, AND NAMES OF COUNTRIES WITH EITHER MAJOR OPERATIONS OR THAT ARE SPECIFICALLY RELEVANT TO THE SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES COVERED IN THE REPORT.
Our primary research and development and manufacturing sites are in California, Colorado and Delaware in the U.S., and in Australia, China, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
NATURE OF OWNERSHIP AND LEGAL FORM
Agilent is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, and our ticker symbol is “A.”
MARKETS SERVED (INCLUDING GEOGRAPHIC BREAKDOWN, SECTORS SERVED, AND TYPES OF CUSTOMERS/BENEFICIARIES)
Agilent holds many product and market leadership positions, including first worldwide in overall test and measurement products as well as in gas chromatographs and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. We are also a leading test and measurement equipment supplier to the telecommunications industry.
More information about Agilent presence, sectors and customers served is available at Agilent Company Information.
SCALE OF THE REPORTING ORGANIZATION
The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013.
SIGNIFICANT CHANGES DURING THE REPORTING PERIOD REGARDING SIZE, STRUCTURE, OR OWNERSHIP
On September 19, 2013 Agilent announced plans to separate into two industry-leading public companies, one in life sciences, diagnostics and applied markets (LDA) that will retain the Agilent name, and the other comprised of the electronic measurement businesses (EM) that will have a new name—Keysight Technologies.
Bill Sullivan will be president and CEO of Agilent. Ron Nersesian will assume those roles for the Keysight Technologies. The separation is targeted to be completed by the end of calendar 2014.
More information about the company separation plans are available at Organization Announcements.
AWARDS RECEIVED IN THE REPORTING PERIOD
Agilent received the following awards and recognition during the reporting period:
- Ranked No. 30 in Glassdoor's/Forbes 2013 Employees Choice Award.
- Ranked 66 on the 2013 “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list produced by Corporate Responsibility magazine.
- Frost & Sullivan has recognized Agilent with its prestigious Company of the Year award for radiofrequency test equipment.
- Agilent has been named one of eight winners of the Best Employer in Malaysia award for 2013 by human resources consulting firm Aon Hewitt. Agilent was also singled out as Best Employer for Women, an award introduced just this year.
- Agilent's Order Fulfillment & Supply Chain organization has won the Global Value Chain award, one of Frost & Sullivan's 2013 Manufacturing Leadership 100 Awards.
- First prize in the 2013 Global Supply Chain Excellence Awards, from the Supply Chain Council.
- Ranked 67 in EPA Green Power Partnership http://www.epa.gov/greenpower/toplists/fortune500.htm .
- Agilent has been ranked No. 9 on Glassdoor's the Top 25 Companies for Work-Life Balance.
- Agilent's Santa Rosa site has been named a winner in the Best Places to Work in the North Bay Area.
- Agilent Santa Rosa site also achieved the Top Manufacturers Awards 2013, in the Community category. Included in Agilent's nomination was its support for local education, health and human services, and environmental organizations through volunteerism, sponsorships and grants.
- Named to Dow Jones Sustainability Index 2013 achieving top scores in the Innovation Management, Environmental Policy, and Environmental Reporting categories among the other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry sector.
- Agilent was recognized as a leader in corporate citizenship by CR magazine.
- Agilent was named a leader in Information Technology in the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list.
- Agilent ranked 61 in the 10th Annual Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World based on its performance in seven categories: climate change, employee relations, environmental, financial, governance, human rights, and philanthropy.
Technology and Product Innovation Awards can be found at Agilent 2013 Technology and Product Awards
|<< Strategy and Analysis||Report Parameters >>|