Agilent Early Career Professor Award
Now accepting applications for 2015 Award
2015 focus: Contribution to the understanding and use of CRISPR/Cas or other RNA-based technologies for genome editing, control and other applications
The purpose of the Agilent Early Career Professor Award is to:
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Significant original research contributions enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- 2015 focus: Contribution to the understanding and use of CRISPR/Cas or other RNA-based technologies for genome editing, control and other applications
- Professor completed Ph.D. or M.D. less than 10 years before January 1, 2015.
- An unrestricted research award of $50,000 per year for 2 years to university in the professor's name
- Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount
- Option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $100k
- Engraved plaque commemorating award
- Recognition on Agilent's website
Application Process for 2015:
- The nomination form requires contact information, a summary of the nominee's qualifications and future directions (up to 1000 words), a nomination letter (up to 500 words) and a CV. Self-nominations are encouraged. Please do not include any proprietary information.
- Completed nomination form is sent to Agilent University Relations email: email@example.com
- Nomination deadline - April 24, 2015
- Finalists (no more than five) are chosen from the pool of nominees by the Agilent Early Career Professor Award Committee using the criteria above. Finalists will be announced by May 22, 2015.
- Finalists are to submit two letters of recommendation addressing why the candidate is an excellent match to the award selection criteria along with a photo. Deadline - June 26, 2015.
- The award winner will be announced by September 14, 2015.
- Award is bestowed upon professor in suitable ceremony. The winner's photo will be posted on the website.
- Winner is invited to make a presentation at an Agilent site (at Agilent’s expense).
- Past and present winners’ names are posted on the Agilent website along with articles highlighting the principal academic contributions for which the awardees were selected.