BioTek Gen5 Software for Imaging & Microscopy
- Cell Imaging & Microscopy Software
Request a Quote
- Gen5 enables images to be automatically captured in a variety of methods, using either image-based or laser-based autofocusing. These include single image capture, or montaging and z-stacking to visualize greater areas and depths of a sample. Beaconing can also be included to image independent areas across multiple wells of a microplate, or across a vessel. Images can also be captured kinetically, using these same methods, across minutes, hours or days.
- The algorithms in Gen5 provide exceptional processing capabilities. These include, but are not limited to background removal, deconvolution, image stitching, as well as Z-projection and 3D rendering. Combined, they facilitate the analysis of complex biologies.
- The primary cellular analysis capabilities available in Gen5 enable confluence determination and counting of a variety of objects, ranging from whole organisms to subcellular structures. Each can be done using transmitted light or fluorescence imaging channels.
- The secondary cellular analysis capabilities available in Gen5 enable masking of a second area around the primary mask to gain additional information specific to that object. This can be critical for assays such as signal translocation, DNA damage, tumor invasion, evaluation of cytoplasmic structures, and others.
- The modularity within Gen5 also enables further advanced analysis capabilities to be easily performed in an automated fashion. These include spot counting, automatic region of interest identification, single object tracking, in addition to quantification of kinetic scratch wound healing assays.
- Higher level graphical representations of calculated results can also be created within the Gen5 software, including IC50/EC50 graphs, linear and parallel line analysis, as well as scatterplots and histograms. Graphs, data, and high resolution images and movie files can then be automatically exported from the software to be used for publishing or other downstream applications.
With the incorporation of the object tracking module, available within Agilent BioTek Gen5 software for imaging and microscopy, this can be easily accomplished in a fully automated fashion.Learn More
Automatic Region of Interest Identification
This process enables walk-away slide scanning for four or more slides, if combined with Agilent automation offerings, and can be used with the Agilent BioTek Lionheart automated microscopes and Agilent BioTek Cytation imaging multimode readers.Learn More
The spot counting module available in Agilent BioTek Gen5 software enables the number of spots counted, and other information, to be tied to the original primary mask data, allowing these values to be known for each object initially identified in the image.Learn More
- Key Literature
Download a product brochure or data sheet
- 23 Nov 2021
- 72.95 KB
- Application Notes
- Technical Overviews
Agilent Gen5 Imaging Software Site Preparation Checklist
This document is an information guide and checklist prepared for you that outlines the supplies, space, and utility requirements for the system set up in your lab.
- Site Preparation Checklists
- 25 Apr 2022
- 139.31 KB
Didn’t find that you need? Contact our Customer Care team
If you have questions about downloading the software or need any support from our team, you can find contact information and a download link below.
Customer Reviews for BioTek Gen5 Software for Imaging & Microscopy
Explore customer reviews of this product or write your own review
Gen5 and LHC Sample Files
A current list of sample files for Gen5 and LHC software.