Agilent Technologies upgrades software for mass spectrometry-based proteomics research
PALO ALTO, Calif., March 24, 2004
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a major upgrade to its Spectrum Mill MS proteomics workbench. The new version improves its performance and ease of use in a broad range of proteomics applications.
The Spectrum Mill workbench is a suite of software tools for confidently identifying proteins from mass spectrometry (MS) data, determining protein expression levels and correlating data from multiple samples or experiments. It includes advanced data extraction and searching capabilities that greatly speed protein identification and reduce the number of false positive matches. The software can process data from both Agilent and non-Agilent mass spectrometers.
This upgrade includes these customer-requested features:
- Support for the International Protein Index (IPI) protein database
- Identification of additional amino acid modifications such as perdeuteromethylation
- Support for Agilent's new lysine mass tagging reagent, which enhances identification of proteins by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization MS
- Support for peptide mass fingerprinting (PMF) data from Agilent's time-of-flight mass spectrometer
- PMF mixture-scoring mode for high-confidence protein identification from multicomponent digest mixtures
- Dynamic mass tolerance to compensate for mass error in data from externally calibrated instruments
- Integration with Agilent's Synapsia informatics workbench, allowing Synapsia users to import protein summary reports from the Spectrum Mill workbench
The new version of the Spectrum Mill MS proteomics workbench supports the Microsoft(r) Windows(r) Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server operating systems.
The upgraded Spectrum Mill MS proteomics workbench is expected to be available in April 2004.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is a global technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 28,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $6.1 billion in fiscal year 2003. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
+1 408 553 7205