Agilent Technologies introduces fully integrated, single-vendor solution for high-throughput LC and LC/MSD applications
PALO ALTO, Calif., July 15, 2002
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Agilent 1100 Series high-throughput liquid chromatography/mass selective detector (LC/MSD) system, a fully integrated, single-vendor solution that combines high speed and performance with high capacity and walk-up capabilities, allowing unattended execution of up to 80 well plates.
Scalable Solution for Present and Future Needs
The 1100 Series high-throughput LC/MSD solution is based on the modular and scalable design of the industry-leading 1100 Series HPLC. The solution comprises an 1100 Series well-plate LC or LC/MSD system plus the new 1100 Series sample capacity extension, 1100 Series barcode reader and 1100 Series valve solutions, which are detailed as follows:
- The 1100 Series sample capacity extension is a small-footprint, pick-and-place robot that turns the 1100 Series LC/MSD into an open solution, for high-throughput and multi-user laboratories looking for high capacity and walk-up capabilities.
- The 1100 Series barcode reader includes a stationary barcode reader, used for positive plate identification during the run, and a handheld barcode reader for convenient editing.
- The 1100 Series valve solutions offer dedicated valves for column regeneration, column and solvent selection, and online sample preparation -- maximizing speed, flexibility, sensitivity and selectivity of the 1100 high-throughput solution.
Optimized for High Productivity
All components of the 1100 Series high-throughput LC/MSD system have been optimized for high speed, performance and uptime:
- The 1100 Series well-plate LC system offers fast cycle times (< 30 sec), minimal carryover (as small as 0.003 percent) and high accuracy and precision even at low injection volumes.
- The 1100 Series sample capacity extension enables users to execute up to 80 well plates unattended and to add and prioritize plates and samples while the system is running. The capacity extension can handle different well-plate formats and vial plates, even mixed in a single run -- giving high flexibility for multi-user environments and central labs.
- The 1100 Series column regeneration valve significantly reduces cycle times in gradient runs; 1100 Series column and solvent selection valves give higher uptime and method flexibility; the 1100 Series sample preparation valve increases sensitivity by sample clean-up and concentration.
- The easy-to-use and intuitive graphical user interface of the Agilent ChemStation gives users an integrated software solution for level 4 instrument control, method set-up, data evaluation, reporting, diagnostics and OQ/PV.
- Fast quantification and reporting for high-throughput LC/MSD applications is achieved with MDS-SCIEX Analyst add-on software.
- Superior online diagnostics and services like planned maintenance, extended warranty and 24-hour instrument exchange ensure maximum system uptime.
- A complete suite of compliance products allows users to easily comply with regulatory compliance requirements, without sacrificing productivity.
The complete Agilent 1100 Series high-throughput LC/MSD system is available now and can be ordered through any Agilent Technologies sales office worldwide. Delivery is estimated to start mid September 2002.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is a global technology leader in communications, electronics and life sciences. The company's 37,000 employees serve customers in more than 120 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $8.4 billion in fiscal year 2001. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+49 7243 602 259
+1 650 485 5603