Agilent Technologies ADS 2014 Delivers Most Significant Enhancements to Date, Dramatically Improving Design Productivity and Efficiency
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 20, 2014
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced a powerful new version of the Agilent EEsof EDA Advanced Design System software, ADS 2014. Designed to dramatically improve design productivity and efficiency with new technologies and capabilities, ADS 2014 is the software's most significant ADS release to date.
ADS 2014 Enhancements
ADS is the industry's leading electronic design automation software for RF, microwave and signal-integrity applications. ADS 2014 provides users with new technologies, new capabilities and continued enhancements for silicon RFIC, MMIC, RF printed circuit board, and multi-technology RF module design. Features include:
- Automatic electromagnetic (EM) simulation setup and design partitioning, which automates the removal of SMD and IC active devices, and placement of ports, then reconnection of the design 10X+ faster and 20X+ fewer mouse clicks.
- Physical layout-versus-schematic (LVS) with device recognition and an innovative module-level LVS that uncovers multi-technology wiring and pin-swap errors.
- Wireless verification test benches that provide circuit design verification solutions for the newest and most challenging multi-band, wide-bandwidth standards (LTE, LTE-A and 802.11ac) with a dramatically simplified user interface.
- Improved layout interconnect design and editing capabilities, including new power and ground planes with smoothing and thermal relief, new intelligent vias and interconnect routes.
- Controlled Impedance Line Designer for quickly and accurately optimizing stack-up and line geometry for multi-gigabit-per-second chip-to-chip links.
- Silicon RFIC schematic interoperability with Virtuoso for bi-directional schematic interoperability between ADS and Cadence Virtuoso.
- ADS Board Link, the next-generation printed circuit board integration solution for bi-directional transfer of layouts, schematics and libraries between ADS and enterprise PCB tools.
- Simulation support for Agilent's DynaFET model, an advanced neural network model for III-V FETs (GaAs and GaN), to accurately model the effects of trapping, de-trapping, and self-heating, in a single, global model, valid for all (active) applications, without the need for tuning.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
Agilent's ADS 2014 is expected to ship in the first calendar quarter of 2014. Pricing starts below $9,900.
More information on ADS 2014 is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads2014. Additional details will be available in the upcoming ADS 2014 webcast, scheduled for April 3. To sign up for the webcast, go to www.agilent.com/find/eesof-innovations-in-eda. ADS 2014 information may also be found in the Agilent EEsof EDA Newsletter. An image of the new software release is available at www.agilent.com/find/ADS2014_images.
About Agilent EEsof EDA Software
Agilent EEsof EDA is the leading supplier of electronic design automation software for microwave, RF, high-frequency, high-speed digital, RF system, electronic system level, circuit, 3-D electromagnetic, physical design and device-modeling applications. More information is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.
# # #
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Connie Wong, Asia