Agilent Technologies to Show Test and Measurement Solutions at OFC 2014
Flexible Instruments Address Entire Value Chain, from Data Centers to the Cloud, for 100G and Beyond
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 10, 2014
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will show test and measurement solutions at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference & Exposition, March 11-13, at the Moscone Center, San Francisco, Calif., Booth 3763. Agilent is the only T&M vendor offering solutions along the entire value chain of the Web 2.0-from components through data centers to telecom, addressing the latest technologies such as silicon photonics and coherent, multi-carrier transmission.
"Network and service virtualization, Web 2.0 and the expansion of cloud-based services are driving the build-out of data-center infrastructure, Big Data storage and analytics," said Stefan Loeffler, strategic planner, Photonics, Agilent. "New standards are required to offer speed classes beyond 100G in data centers and metro or long-haul communication lines. This situation creates new challenging test needs for optical and electrical high-speed component and system designers, which Agilent's unique expertise can effectively address."
Agilent offers a broad toolset that includes optical test, data acquisition and signal analysis from research to design, compliance and production. Demonstrations will include new and current cutting-edge products, including:
- Z-Series Infiniium real-time oscilloscope offering faster processing, innovative advanced user interface, and highly synchronized channels (new)
- 32 Gb/s high-performance BERT for device characterization and 100Gb/s transceiver testing (new)
- 86100D DCA-X with new internal precision time base for high channel-count test (new)
- Analysis of a real multi-carrier signal with a 4 x 63 GHz optical modulation analyzer (new)
- Component test solutions in the 1.3 µm wavelength band
Join our measurement experts at these on-site courses:
- SC369 - Test and Measurement of Complex Modulated Optical Signals. This course will provide a solid understanding of how complex modulated optical signals are created and how the signal quality of complex modulated signals can be quantified.
- SC 178 - Test and Measurement of High-Speed Communications Signals. This course will provide a thorough review of how classic NRZ signals are characterized using oscilloscopes, bit-error-ratio testers and jitter analysis instruments. It includes tips and techniques to get accurate results and avoid common measurement errors.
Register online at www.ofcnfoec.org/shortcourse.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.
# # #
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Connie Wong, Asia
+852 3197 7818