Agilent Technologies Announces 1- and 2-kW Advanced Power Solutions for R&D
R&D Engineers Can Access Industry-Leading Power Features Without Writing a Single Line of Code
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 5, 2014
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced an enhancement to the Agilent 14585A control and analysis software for advanced power supplies, adding support for the N7900 Advanced Power System (APS) dynamic DC power supplies.
The N7900 Series power supplies with VersaPower architecture offer industry-leading features and specifications for fast operation, advanced measurements, and integrated features to reduce development time and support costs. These 1- and 2-kW models, expandable to 10 kW, were designed for applications where high-speed dynamic sourcing and measurement is needed.
The Agilent 14585A software enhances the user experience of the APS N7900 Series, giving R&D engineers access to the power supplies' advanced functionality without having to write a single line of code. The engineers can now perform complex tasks, such as waveform creation or long-term data logging, in a matter of minutes, with just a few clicks.
"We are excited to meet the needs of our customers who require high power in R&D," said Kari Fauber, general manager of Agilent's Power and Energy Division. "Now that the 14585A software supports our Advance Power System N7900 Series, R&D engineers working on high-power devices no longer need to spend time being programmers."
The advanced functionality of the 14585A software includes:
- Enhanced control and analysis of data, using familiar PC controls and large display.
- Simultaneous control of up to four APS N7900 Series power supplies.
- Four modes of operation: scope (short-term waveform capture), data logger (long-term waveform capture), CCDF statistical analysis, and ARB (waveform creation).
- Graphical user software-no programming required.
- Accurate capture of current drain measurements from seconds to days directly to a PC.
- Advanced marker measurements (Min, Avg, Max, RMS, Peak-to-Peak, Charge/ Energy).
- Ability to easily create complex waveforms to stimulate or load down a DUT by inputting a formula, choosing from built-in or imported waveform data.
- Data log measurements directly to a PC.
- Export of data to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet or text file.
- Ability to capture a waveform, then "play" it back, using scope or data logger to capture, then use the power supply's source/sink function to reproduce it.
- Application of mathematic functions to captured waveforms.
- Ability to name and choose colors for waveform traces for easy identification.
The industry-leading specifications and advanced measurement capabilities of the APS N7900 Series include:
- Full two-quadrant operation for power storage test applications.
- Dual voltage and current measurement capability with DMM-like accuracy.
- Current and voltage high-resolution digitizers for making dynamic measurements.
- Built-in paralleling capability up to 10 kW.
- Smart triggering to protect high-value DUTs.
- Up/down programming speeds of 500 us.
- LAN (LXI Core), USB, GPIB and analog interfaces, all standard.
- Additional information about Agilent's APS power supplies is available at www.agilent.com/find/APS.
- To see how the Advanced Power System can help users overcome tough power-related test challenges, go to www.agilent.com/find/TestChallenges.
- Product photographs are available at www.agilent.com/find/APS_images.
- To learn more about the 14585A software, go to www.agilent.com/find/14585
- For videos featuring the 14585A software, go to http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhmxgfXr6E_3sMO2H121xj3YCBjm2jukf
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The N7900 APS dynamic DC power supplies are available now. Prices start at $9,900.
The Agilent 14585A Control & Analysis Software for Advanced Power Supplies is available now. A free 30-day trial is built into the software. After the free trial, a license is $1,267.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.
# # #
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Connie Wong, Asia