Agilent Technologies' Newest 3-D Electromagnetic Simulation Software Release Targets EMI Compliance
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 28, 2013
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the latest release of Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro), its 3-D electromagnetic simulation software.
EMPro 2013 helps design engineers identify and resolve difficult electromagnetic interference (EMI) problems. It also offers a number of new capabilities to reduce simulation time and increase design efficiency.
EMPro 2013 allows engineers to simulate the radiated emissions of electronic circuits and components and then determine whether these emissions are within levels specified by common electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards, such as FCC Part 15, CISPR 22 and MIL-STD-461F. This capability is enabled by new specification-compliance templates, as well as several enhancements to both EMPro's finite element method (FEM) and finite difference time domain (FDTD) simulators.
"With more electronics being integrated into smaller packages, EMI problems are quickly becoming a leading cause of new product delays," said Marc Petersen, EMPro product manager at Agilent EEsof EDA. "As a result, designers are now turning to EM simulation to catch these problems early and ensure their designs are compliant with EMI specifications. Our newest EMPro software release provides designers the capabilities they need to address this challenge head on."
EMPro 2013 introduces several enhancements that cover a broad range of applications, including:
- A simulation management tool for launching remote and distributed simulations on high-end servers and compute clusters, disconnecting and later reconnecting a client computer, and receiving status updates on a mobile device.
- Increased FEM mesh performance and robustness for large designs.
- New FEM hybrid boundary conditions that result in higher simulation speed and accuracy.
- FDTD simulation enhancements in the areas of port accuracy and graphical processing unit acceleration.
- A real-time electrical connectivity checking tool in the main geometry modeling window that prevents inadvertent gaps between conductors.
- A parameterized trace component for modeling IC and printed circuit board interconnects.
- Numerous graphical user interface enhancements, in the areas of snapping, bending, length measurements, results display and managing large groups of objects.
EMPro 2013 will be available for download in July. Interested parties can evaluate the software by applying for a trial version at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-empro-downloads-and-trials. Application examples covering a wide range of topics, including packaging, antennas, RF PCBs, RF modules, connectors and radar applications can be downloaded at edocs.soco.agilent.com/display/eesofapps/EM+Applications.
More information on EMPro 2013 is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-empro. An image of the new software release is available at www.agilent.com/find/EMPro2013_images. Visit the Agilent YouTube network at www.youtube.com/AgilentTM to see latest products and applications videos in electronic design and measurement.
Agilent will demonstrate EMPro 2013, along with solutions that range from circuit-level modeling through system verification for general RF, microwave, 4G communications, and aerospace/defense applications, at IMS 2013/IEEE MTT-S (Booth 1230), June 2-7, in Seattle. A range of premier partner solutions will also be available on Agilent Avenue and throughout the event area.
About Agilent EEsof EDA Software
Agilent EEsof EDA is the leading supplier of electronic design automation software for microwave, RF, high-frequency, high-speed digital, RF system, electronic system level, circuit, 3-D electromagnetic, physical design and device-modeling applications. More information is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia