Agilent Technologies to Demonstrate Test Solutions at International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 18, 2012
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will demonstrate its test solutions at the IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (Booth 917/919) in Pittsburgh, Aug. 5-10.
Electromagnetic compatibility has become a critical requirement for new electrical and electronic products. Government regulations around the world require full compliance testing and in-field monitoring. Agilent's extensive electromagnetic interference (EMI) test offering includes test capabilities in design, prototyping, manufacturing and deployment.
Agilent will demonstrate the following solutions at the symposium:
- SystemVue 2012.06: With this software package, designers can build mid-channel repeater and opto-link models for high-speed digital chip-to-chip and rack-to-rack links, saving months of programming time compared to hand coding in C. Those models can then be shipped to repeater and opto-link customers for integration into their complete end-to-end channel simulation using the Transient/Convolution simulator in the Advanced Design System.
- The Agilent N9038A MXE: This full-compliance EMI receiver does CISPR, MIL STD and DO-160 measurements. Diagnostic tools include spectrum analysis, spectrogram, strip chart and meters. Precompliance conducted- and radiated-emissions testing can be achieved when the N6141A EMI measurement application is coupled with an Agilent X-Series signal analyzer.
- The FieldFox RF analyzer and FieldFox vector network analyzer: These handheld units are known for being field-ready and rugged, with the ability to perform multiple functions, including cable and antenna analysis, spectrum analysis and vector network analysis with QuickCal, a calibration capability that allows engineers to calibrate the network analyzer without carrying a calibration kit into the field.
- The new Agilent PNA-L vector network analyzer: This instrument offers the highest performance in a mid-range VNA with lower cost and future-proof capabilities. Agilent will use the PNA-L to demonstrate EMC chamber characterization.
- The Agilent E5061B-3L5 ENA LF-RF vector network analyzer: A member of the industry-standard ENA Series of network analyzers, the E5061B addresses a broad range of measurement needs for designers of electronic components and circuits, from low to high frequencies.
Dr. Colin Warwick, product manager for high-speed digital design, Agilent EEsof EDA, will present The Power of S-Parameters for High Speed Digital Design as part of the EMC Symposium Global University Signal Integrity course series. The course will cover the use of S-parameter models and offer tricks and tips to avoid pitfalls that can sometimes crop up.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia