Agilent Technologies Debuts Breakthroughs in Power Amplifier Module Design for Next Release of Advanced Design System
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 13, 2012
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today unveiled new technologies and breakthroughs for RF power amplifier design. These capabilities and more will be part of the next major release of Agilent's flagship Advanced Design System.
Agilent will demonstrate ADS 2012-along with a range of solutions for everything from circuit-level modeling through system verification for general RF, microwave, 4G communications, and aerospace/defense applications-at IMS 2012/IEEE MTT-S (Booth 1015), June 19-21, in Montréal, Canada. A range of premier partner solutions will be available on Agilent Avenue and throughout the event.
Agilent's new technologies and breakthroughs for RF power amplifier design include:
- Side-by-side finite element method electromagnetic simulation of different technologies to analyze electromagnetic interactions between ICs and interconnects, wire bond and flip-chip solder bumps in typical multichip RF power amplifier modules.
- Model support for the new artificial neural network-based Agilent NeuroFET model, extracted by Agilent EEsof's IC-CAP device modeling software, which enables more accurate FET modeling and simulation results (for high-power GaN FET amplifiers, for example).
- Improved integration with Electromagnetic Professional software. Three-dimensional EM components from EMPro can now be saved as database cells for use directly in ADS.
- The immediate beta release of the new ADS electro-thermal simulator to select customers. Based on a full 3-D thermal solver natively integrated into ADS, this new capability incorporates dynamic temperature effects to improve accuracy in "thermally aware" circuit simulation results.
- Enhancements to the ADS Load Pull DesignGuide, such as adding mismatch simulation to indicate device or amplifier sensitivity to load VSWR or phase angle.
- Enhancements to the Amplifier DesignGuide, including extensive updates that make it easy to see amplifier performance at a specific output power or a specific amount of gain compression.
Agilent's ADS 2012 is expected to ship in August. A photo of the new software release is available at www.agilent.com/find/ADS_2012_images.
About Agilent EEsof EDA Software
Advanced Design System is the world's leading electronic design automation software for RF, microwave and high-speed digital applications. In a powerful and easy-to-use interface, ADS pioneers the most innovative and commercially successful technologies, such as X-parameters* and 3-D electromagnetic simulators, used by leading companies in wireless communications and networking as well as the aerospace and defense industries. For more information about Agilent ADS, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,700 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
*X-parameters is a trademark of Agilent Technologies. The X-parameter format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-x-parameters-info.
# # #
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia