SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 13, 2012
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will demonstrate its industry-first communications test and measurement solutions for LTE-Advanced, LTE, HSPA+, dual-carrier HSDPA, MIMO, multi-standard radio and voice over LTE, along with 2G/3G solutions for R&D, manufacturing and deployment at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Feb. 27- March 1.
"We strive to anticipate our customers' needs with first-to-market test solutions such as TD-LTE beamforming MIMO, 42-Mbps throughput test, multi-standard radio and high-throughput manufacturing test," said Guy Séné, president of Agilent's Electronic Measurement Group. "We are dedicated to helping them achieve a competitive advantage in their mobile communications R&D, manufacturing and deployment environments."
Agilent experts at Stand A46 in Hall 1 will demonstrate how to:
- Perform RF and parametric tests to the latest standards for LTE and LTE-Advanced using Agilent LTE & LTE-Advanced signal-generation and analysis tools such as 89600 VSA software, X-Series signal analyzers (including the N9030A PXA and the N9020A MXA), SystemVue and Signal Studio software.
- Look at up to eight measurement channels for TD-LTE base-station RF antenna beamforming with the N7109A multichannel signal analyzer.
- Address the challenges of multi-standard radio per 3GPP Release 9 with the N9083A MSR X-Series measurement application operating on Agilent X-Series signal analyzers, including the N9030A PXA and the N9020A MXA.
- Test 42-Mbps DC-HSDPA IP data throughput using the new E5515E platform for the 8960 wireless communications test set.
- Transform the manufacturing test environment to get new wireless devices to market faster while reducing cost of test with Agilent's new EXT wireless communications test set. The proven EXT architecture, a part of Agilent's X-Series signal analyzers, features an advanced sequence analyzer optimized for high throughput non-signaling test techniques for 2G/3G/LTE and future wireless devices. A comprehensive suite of supporting software tools, including Sequence Studio, enhanced Signal Studio, chipset control, calibration and test software helps accelerate time-to-volume manufacturing.
- Verify the performance of LTE user equipment under controlled test conditions using Agilent's E6621A PXT wireless communications test set, an industry-leading UE performance and conformance test solution for both FDD and TDD. The PXT is a flexible, scalable LTE base-station emulator used to verify that RF parameters, as well as protocol and device functionality, comply with design expectations. New features include voice over LTE test and inter-radio access technology (used in the handover of communications from an LTE network to a 3G or 2G network), plus circuit-switched fallback.
- Test user equipment through different operating modes to characterize battery drain and verify performance in an all-IP IMS-SIP test environment using E6966A IMS-SIP server/client pair for testing voice, video and SMS services on all-IP networks.
- Simplify and easily perform wireless field tests using the 3-GHz to 20-GHz handheld spectrum analyzer series. The FieldFox RF analyzer and the FieldFox vector network analyzer, Agilent handheld RF instruments are known for being field-ready and rugged, with the ability to support multiple RF standards, including CDMA, WCDMA, E-GSM, GSM, LTE 2600, Mobile WiMAX(tm), DVB-T, and Wi-Fi.
In addition, visitors will be able to see videos of Agilent's latest first-to-market introductions in 802.11ac and 802.11ad, plus new FieldFox videos.
An updated edition of the widely distributed book "LTE and the Evolution to 4G Wireless: Design and Measurement Challenges" will be available this summer. New content will include LTE-Advanced, MIMO, functional test and more.
Information about Agilent's mobile communications test solutions can be found at www.agilent.com/find/LTE, www.agilent.com/find/LTE-A, www.agilent.com/find/HSPA, and www.agilent.com/find/WiMAX.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,700 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
WiMAX and Mobile WiMAX are U.S. trademarks of the WiMAX Forum.
# # #
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia