SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 19, 2010
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will demonstrate how its wide array of high-speed digital tools can address multi-gigabit design challenges in the areas of measurement and simulation. Attendees can connect with Agilent experts at DesignCon, Booth 301, from Feb. 1-4, 2010 at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Agilent's high-speed digital solutions address high-performance probing, signal integrity, high-speed interconnect analysis/simulation, jitter analysis, FPGA debug, FBD/DDR memory analysis, Serial-ATA analysis, PCI Express® analysis, HDMI 1.3, DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel. Agilent will demonstrate how its tools provide views into the time and frequency domains and can reveal underlying problems and enable improvements in multi-gigabit designs.
An Agilent sponsored event at DesignCon 2010 is a presentation by Dr. Eric Bogatin, president of Bogatin Enterprises titled "Practical Magic: Signal Integrity Problems Disappear Using the Right Tools." A 1-minute preview is available on YouTube.
Agilent will demonstrate the following at DesignCon 2010.
- "Getting the Right Answers Fast with Agilent ADS". Signal integrity engineers who face the multi-gigabit/s barrier, look to ADS for to address high-speed effects such as distortion, mismatch and crosstalk. The ADS Stereo Viewer with NVIDIA 3D Vision allows users to actually see current density and EM fields in 3D. Agilent's ADS DDR3 Compliance Design Kit is a 2010 DesignVision Finalist;
- "Simplify De-embedding with Breakthrough Calibration Technology Using the Agilent N1930B-5xP Physical Layer Test System (PLTS) Advanced Calibration Software". The demonstration uses state-of-the-art calibration algorithms to exploit symmetric fixture geometry to easily extract s-parameters of test fixture;
- "Debug Your Toughest High-Speed Serial Interconnect Designs with the Agilent E5071C ENA Vector Network Analyzer". This new one-box solution provides simultaneous analysis in both time and frequency domains and significantly exceeds what was possible with traditional solutions;
- "Achieve Comprehensive PDN (Power Distribution Network) Component Measurements with Agilent's E5061B LF-RF ENA Network Analyzer". The E5061B LF-RF ENA features 5 Hz to 3 GHz in one box, accurate milliohm measurements, DC-DC converter loop analysis, and a built-in DC bias source for capacitor measurements;
- "Get measurements of high-speed differential clock jitter up to 7GHz or 12 GHz with Agilent's new U1818A/B Active Differential Probes with the E5052B Signal Source Analyzer";
- "Get Unmatched Real-Time Measurement Accuracy with Agilent's Real-Time Scopes". The Infiniium DSA/DSO90000A Series scopes deliver superior signal integrity, barrier-breaking memory depth, and unmatched signal analysis and debugging. See how the newly introduced InfiniiSim application, probe de-embedding and virtual probe position transformations, give the 90000A family more accuracy and flexibility in measuring the "real" signal of interest;
- "The Highest Accuracy in Waveform Analysis with Agilent's 86100C/86108A Scope". This scope measures high-performance devices more accurately than any scope in the world and performs jitter analysis on long patterns, such as PRBS31; and,
- "Simplified Receiver Tolerance Testing for USB 3.0 and SATA". Agilent's new J-BERT N4903B, a 2010 DesignVision Finalist, delivers accurate receiver characterization and compliance testing with new analysis capabilities of retimed and coded data and second-channel option.
DesignCon is the definitive event for electronic design experts spanning chip, package, board, and system domains, addressing common issues in signal integrity, power management, interconnection, and design verification.
Agilent experts also will offer various technical presentations. For more information and a free pass to the event, visit www.agilent.com/find/DesignCon. Since 1998, Agilent has been a sponsor of DesignCon in partnership with the International Engineering Consortium (IEC).
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 17,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia