Agilent Technologies' Wireless Test Tour Asia Begins June 24
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 22, 2009
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it will begin its annual Wireless Test World (WTW) Asia tour on June 24. This year's theme, "Agilent: Your Partner in Advancing New Wireless Communications," focuses on the next generation of wireless technologies, such as LTE Advanced, WiMAX(tm) Evolution, LTE, WiMAX, MIMO, HSPA+ and E-EDGE, along with China-specific TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE.
Agilent experts will demonstrate the company's wireless micromarket test coverage in femtocell, A-GPS, battery drain and DigRF. They will also discuss the future potential products and services in an age of ubiquitous wireless networking.
The tour will begin in Taipei and includes stops in Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Bangalore and Hong Kong. Agilent designed this tour for wireless design engineers, project managers and engineering management teams who work on current and future "hot" wireless applications. The tour offers engineers and technicians the opportunity to discover practical and cost-effective solutions in design and test.
This year, Agilent will demonstrate full life-cycle test solutions from broadband to RF and from physical layer to application layer instrumentation, including:
- 3GPP LTE UE protocol development solutions based on the Agilent E6620A Wireless Communications Test Set and the Anite SAT LTE Protocol Development Toolset, available through the Agilent/Anite LTE partnership. In a portfolio of scalable LTE solutions, this first-to-market toolset is ideal for engineers working in early protocol design of LTE mobile phones.
- The Agilent MXA signal analyzer with the industry's most comprehensive vector signal analysis LTE software, along with Agilent's MXG vector signal generator, which has the industry's most powerful LTE Signal Studio software for transceiver and MIMO testing.
- Agilent's N5106A PXB MIMO Receiver Tester, which simulates real-world conditions to minimize WiMAX and LTE MIMO design uncertainties and rework. With multiple high-performance baseband generators and real-time faders configured for various test setups, the PXB is ideal for applications from general purpose product development to advanced wireless research.
- The Agilent N5182A MXG vector signal generator, ideal for R&D, design validation and manufacturing of components such as base station MCPAs (multicarrier power amplifiers) and receivers for communications systems. Combined with Agilent's Signal Studio software it supports key wireless test applications such as FDD and TDD LTE, WiMAX (Release 1.5 and Wave 2), HSPA, TD-SCDMA, WLAN, Bluetooth(r), and broadcasting. Also shown will be Agilent's 89600 vector signal analysis software for signal generation and analysis capabilities for 2x2 Wave 2 MIMO testing.
- Agilent's SystemVue platform for electronic system-level design unites signal processing with RF design into a single, creative, system-level workflow. Use of SystemVue cuts total design time by 50 percent and makes early verification possible in the design process. SystemVue's applications include Software Defined Radio, LTE and WiMAX.
"This is a must-attend event for anyone who wants to stay on top of current and future wireless applications," said Jim Curran, marketing manager of Agilent's Microwave and Communications Division. "We have received thousands of comments from attendees of previous WTW tours, very satisfied with our exceptional level of technical expertise and the broad offering of wireless test solutions we demonstrate."
About Agilent in 3GPP LTE and WiMAX
3GPP LTE is the next generation for cellular networks and will enable significant new service opportunities. Participating in the 3GPP standards committees that are defining the technology, Agilent is leading the way with design automation tools and flexible instrumentation for early R&D design in components, base-station equipment and mobile devices. More information about Agilent's 3GPP LTE products is available at www.agilent.com/find/LTE.
Agilent is an active member in the WiMAX Forum (www.wimaxforum.org) and a world leader in test and measurement solutions. Agilent continues to be at the forefront of this emerging market, offering WiMAX design and test solutions that span the entire technology lifecycle -- R&D, design verification and pre-conformance, conformance, manufacturing through network deployment, and service assurance. Information about Agilent's WiMAX design and test solutions can be found at www.agilent.com/find/wimax.
Anite provides a comprehensive range of critical IT solutions to wireless and travel-sector organizations across the globe.
The company develops and implements software, and provides consultancy, systems integration and managed services to ensure its customers operate effectively and securely. Anite uses the latest technologies to deliver quality and cost-effective solutions that meet specific requirements and realize tangible results.
With a deep understanding of customers' markets, Anite delivers wireless mobile test and operational software to the top telecommunications manufacturers and wireless operators as well as holiday booking systems for the travel industry.
Its team members are focused on making a difference and exceeding expectations. They are diverse, draw on worldwide expertise and are enthusiastic about the future.
Headquartered in the U.K., Anite employs around 500 staff in 13 countries across Europe, America, Asia and the Middle East.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
“WiMAX,” “Fixed WiMAX,” “Mobile WiMAX,” “WiMAX Forum,” the WiMAX Forum logo, “WiMAX Forum Certified,” and the WiMAX Forum Certified logo are trademarks of the WiMAX Forum. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Agilent Technologies, Inc.
+1 970 679 5397