LAS VEGAS, CTIA Wireless 2008, Booth 3110, March 31, 2008
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will demonstrate its full-range portfolio of WiMAX and 3GPP LTE test solutions here at CTIA Wireless 2008, Booth 3110, April 1-3. Agilent's test solutions address the needs of chipset and handset designers and manufacturers, network equipment manufacturers, infrastructure designers and service providers.
"Agilent is committed to delivering solutions for the test technology needs of next-generation wireless," said Ron Nersesian, vice president of Agilent's Wireless Business Unit, "and we still address the demanding requirements of the existing communication environment. Both landscapes must have a full range of innovative test products and applications that only Agilent can address."
With wireless technology such as WiMAX and 3GPP LTE rapidly advancing toward greater delivery speeds, wider access and convergence, communications companies need application-specific design and test tools that can evolve and meet these changing demands. At CTIA Wireless 2008, Agilent will demonstrate products that address these changing demands.
WiMAX R&D, Manufacturing and Field Service Tools
Agilent test solutions in WiMAX span the entire technology life cycle -- R&D, design verification and pre-conformance, conformance, manufacturing through network deployment, and service assurance. CTIA attendees will see:
- Signal creation and analysis software that provides a complete solution for Wave 2 Mobile WiMAX(tm) and MIMO development using Agilent Infiniium scopes and MXG signal generators, including a new MXG option to provide RF phase coherency.
- Wave 2 MIMO testing capability that features Agilent's E6651A one box WiMAX tester, demonstrating conformance test (PCT and pre-RCT), radiated performance test, end-to-end data transfer, and network entry/data connection.
- The recently introduced N8300A Wireless Networking Test Set, which provides fast performance and accurate measurements optimized for Wave 2 Mobile WiMAX Manufacturing Test.
- The Agilent J7910A signalling analyzer WiMAX solution, which offers a breakthrough in troubleshooting methodology, with the industry's most powerful, easy-to-use WiMAX analysis software that service providers and network equipment manufacturers can use to accelerate the development and deployment of WiMAX networks.
- Agilent WiMAX Drive Test system, with real-time collection and display as well as mapping of WiMAX PHY parameters and MAC Protocol (full decodes).
3GPP LTE Signal Analysis and Generation Tools
Agilent's 3GPP LTE design automation tools and flexible instrumentation serve the entire UE lifecycle. At CTIA, Agilent will demonstrate:
- New 3GPP LTE protocol development solutions based on the Agilent E6620A Wireless Communications Test Set, along with the Anite SAT LTE Protocol Development Toolset available through the Agilent/Anite LTE partnership announced in November 2007. This first-to-market solution is ideal for engineers working in early protocol design of LTE mobile phones. It is the first in a portfolio of scalable LTE solutions built on the E6620A's advanced, next-generation hardware platform and protocol stack.
- The Agilent J7910A signaling analyzer real-time platform, which now includes LTE and SAE technology. For mobile network equipment manufacturers and service providers, this is the only integrated high-density, high-performance solution for Gigabit Ethernet analysis on the market for mobile network analysis.
- The Agilent MXA signal analyzer with the industry's most comprehensive Vector Signal Analysis LTE software, along with Agilent's MXG vector signal generator, which has the industry's most powerful LTE Signal Studio software.
Comprehensive Communications Test Solutions
- Agilent will show its 8960 wireless communications test set with a new automated and simplified interface for realistically testing "the user experience." This solution stress tests cellular mobile devices in real-world network scenarios, allowing earlier identification of design issues and a reduction in time to market.
- Agilent will also demonstrate its tools for cellular R&D, manufacturing, repair, cable, antenna and base-station maintenance. These are the tools that companies designing, building and deploying the latest-generation products and services for WiMAX, UMTS, HSDPA, W-CDMA, EGPRS, GPRS and GSM, Bluetooth(r), ZigBee, UWB and others use.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
“WiMAX,” “Fixed WiMAX,” “Mobile WiMAX,” “WiMAX Forum,” the WiMAX Forum logo, “WiMAX Forum Certified,” and the WiMAX Forum Certified logo are trademarks of the WiMAX Forum. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
+1 970 679 5397