ATLANTA, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, Booth 1123, June 16, 2008
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that it is demonstrating many of its newest design and measurement solutions for advanced RF and microwave research, development and manufacturing here at the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium.
"Our design and test products are ideal for engineers who want to accelerate their innovations in wireless devices and networks, such as 3GPP LTE and WiMAX(tm), with absolute confidence in the wireless connections those technologies demand," said Barry Alcorn, U.S. marketing program manager for Agilent's Wireless Business Unit. "At IMS we're showing an amazing line-up of leading edge solutions for communication research, design and development processes."
Innovations Agilent Will Demonstrate at IMS 2008
- The Agilent Nonlinear Vector Network Analyzer: Agilent's revolutionary one-box technology for incredible measurement insight into RF nonlinear vector network analysis from 10 MHz to 26.5 GHz. It features nonlinear component characterization, new nonlinear scattering parameters called X-parameters, and nonlinear pulse envelope domain capabilities. It is ideal for optimizing component design parameters, reducing the number of design iterations and producing the most competitive products.
- The Agilent N9020A MXA Signal Analyzer: Delivering two-channel analog baseband inputs, this analyzer is suited to wireless transceiver and chipset R&D. The Agilent PSA now has two new options: 80 MHz analysis bandwidth to 50 GHz mmWave, and a 300MHz wideband option for applications such as satellite, military communications and radar/EW. It has the capability of analyzing multiple channels with minimum distortion and a variety of complex digital modulation signals transmitted at mmWave frequencies.
- Agilent's MXG RF signal generators: Providing higher output power and improved distortion performance than their predecessor, these signal generators enable increased measurement accuracy for PAs and MCPAs tested with high-PAR signals such as WiMAX, LTE and WCDMA. To assist engineers designing MIMO and beamforming systems, MXG offers baseband synchronization and phase coherency capability between multiple MXGs, providing a simple, complete solution for WiMAX, LTE, and WLAN multitransmitter test set-ups. Agilent will also show its MXG ATE RF signal generators for customers who need to reduce cost without sacrificing performance.
- The WVAN Wireless Library: Part of Agilent's Advanced Design System EDA software, this library is extremely useful in helping prevent unnecessary wafer spins, consequently accelerating the deployment of next-generation 60 GHz wireless video area networks (WVAN). The Agilent WVAN Wireless Library is of particular interest to members of the WirelessHD consortium because the library includes portions of Version 1.0 PHY as simulation blocks. It allows WirelessHD consortium members to begin verifying transceiver RFIC designs months in advance of prototype circuits or commercial measurement personalities. For more information on WirelessHD, please visit www.wirelesshd.org.
- Agilent L4600A Radio Test Set: Agilent will demonstrate this solution's capabilities under a constant shower of simulated rain. It operates at 2 MHz to 2,500 MHz with a weather-resistant design, fully sealed, durable structure. Easy to use when testing FM and SINCGARS (SINgle Channel Ground Air Radio System) radios with step-by-step guided measurements that reduce training and troubleshooting time. It is an ideal bench-top radio tester that features spectrum, signal-network-analyzer and signal-generator capabilities.
- Attenuation Control Units, DC to 6/18/26.5 GHz: These integrated control units offer 0 to 101/121 dB attenuation and 1 dB step size with excellent attenuation accuracy and flatness. A unique attenuation sweep function allows the selection of dwell time and attenuation values for specific applications such as simulated BTS fading for mobile handset handover tests. Exceptional < 0.03 dB insertion loss repeatability per section throughout the entire 5-million cycle operating life guarantees measurement accuracy and shortened calibration intervals reduce the cost of test.
About Agilent at IMS2008
As part of the IMS2008 MicroApps program, Agilent measurement experts will present 15 innovative technical papers. Planned topics include front-to-back MMIC design flow, nonlinear network analysis, wideband signal analysis, and simulation and design of software-defined radios. A full list of papers and an online registration form are available at www.agilent.com/find/IMS2008.
About Agilent in WiMAX and 3GPP LTE
A Principal Member of the WiMAX Forum (www.wimaxforum.org), Agilent Technologies is an active participant in this organization. As a world leader in test and measurement solutions, Agilent continues to be at the forefront of this emerging market, offering WiMAX design and test solutions that span the entire technology lifecycle -- R&D, design verification and pre-conformance, conformance, manufacturing through network deployment and service assurance. Information about Agilent's WiMAX design and test solutions can be found at www.agilent.com/find/wimax.
3GPP LTE is the next generation for cellular networks and will enable significant new service opportunities. By participating in 3GPP standards committees that define the technology, Agilent is leading the way with design automation tools and flexible instrumentation for early R&D design in components, base-station equipment and mobile devices. More information about Agilent's 3GPP LTE products is available at www.agilent.com/find/LTE.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
“WiMAX,” “Fixed WiMAX,” “Mobile WiMAX,” “WiMAX Forum,” the WiMAX Forum logo, “WiMAX Forum Certified,” and the WiMAX Forum Certified logo are trademarks of the WiMAX Forum. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
+1 970 679 5397