CHICAGO, WiMAX World 2008, Booth 1030, Oct. 1, 2008
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it is showing its comprehensive set of Fixed and Mobile WiMAX test solutions this week at WiMAX World. At the event will be a full complement of test solutions for R&D, design verification, manufacturing, protocol conformance and interoperability test, as well as network deployment and maintenance/service quality.
"Our extensive lineup of new leading-edge, performance-based systems demonstrates our continued commitment to WiMAX test solutions," said Ron Nersesian, vice president of Agilent's Wireless Business Unit. "Our dedication to address the test needs not fully covered by other test solutions empowers engineers to deploy a new range of WiMAX-based communication possibilities."
Show Highlights from Agilent
- The new Agilent PXB MIMO Receiver Tester delivers the most up-to-date, versatile signal-creation and channel-emulation capabilities for the latest WiMAX and LTE standards. It supports 2x2, 2x4 and 4x2 MIMO with the industry's best bandwidth of 120 MHz, and features custom MIMO correlation settings (e.g., channel models, antenna pattern and correlation matrix).
- The Agilent E6651A Mobile WiMAX test set has end-to end data throughput rates of more than 10Mbps (UDP).This lets the user stress test the mobile station using more modulation schemes and real applications. The E6651A is also at the heart of Agilent's Protocol Development and Conformance Test solutions, with 3.5GHz test case validation under way.
- Agilent's N8300A Wireless Networking Test Set is a one-box RF parametric test set for standard-compliant 802.16d and 802.16e physical layer (PHY) testing in fixed and Mobile WiMAX Tx and Rx applications. The N8300A includes the N6302A-1FP measurement application for WLAN 802.11a,b,g,n applications. This multiformat capability is enhanced with the new 6 GHz hardware option 506 that extends the frequency range up to 6 GHz for testing of multiple WiMAX/WLAN devices or modules.
- Agilent's Mobile WiMAX E6474A drive-testing capability visualizes all WiMAX PHY and MAC messages for real-time troubleshooting. It allows operators to gain insight into the WiMAX user's actual service and quality of experience with integrated data tests and video and voice MOS. Agilent's Mobile WiMAX drive test solution also has a CPE operating in WiMAX Scanning Mode so it can cost effectively evaluate WiMAX coverage.
- Agilent's Signaling Analyzer in Real-time (SART) WiMAX, which runs on the Distributed Network Analyzer (DNA) platform, provides a high-performance test solution for end-to-end WiMAX system verification, troubleshooting, and optimization. It has real-time graphical call trace across multiple interfaces (such as R1, R3 and R6), WiMAX Optimizer for intelligent layer 1 to layer 7 KPI correlation analysis, plus the integration with Agilent E6474A drive test tool. Combined they all help deliver end-to-end WiMAX troubleshooting and optimization.
Agilent will also demonstrate its new FieldFox handheld RF analyzer -- the world's most integrated handheld instrument for wireless network installation and maintenance (I&M). FieldFox improves RF field engineers' and technicians' productivity to perform base station I&M more efficiently and accurately. Its key measurements include cable and antenna test from 2 MHz to 4/6 GHz, spectrum analysis from 100 kHz to 4/6 GHz, vector network analysis and true average power measurements.
Additional information about Agilent's WiMAX solutions is available at www.agilent.com/find/wimax.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
"WiMAX," "Fixed WiMAX," "Mobile WiMAX," "WiMAX Forum," the WiMAX Forum logo, "WiMAX Forum Certified," and the WiMAX Forum Certified logo are trademarks of the WiMAX Forum. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
+1 970 679 5397