SANTA CLARA , Calif., March 12, 2007
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that it will demonstrate its wide-ranging portfolio of communications test solutions at CTIA Wireless 2007, March 27-29, in Orlando, Fla. Agilent's portfolio of design and test solutions addresses the needs of chipset and handset manufacturers, network equipment manufacturers, infrastructure designers, and service providers. More than 20 demonstrations will occur at Booth 1863.
With communications technology advancing on many fronts and the continuing move toward greater delivery speeds, wider access and convergence, communications companies need application-specific design and test tools that can evolve to meet the changing demands. The standards in this environment are often fluid and not finalized until late in the design and implementation cycle.
"Agilent understands the importance of developing innovative technologies for next-generation wireless," said Ron Nersesian, vice president of Agilent's Wireless Business Unit. "We are determined to continue to expand our range of innovative wireless communications design and test products and applications in order to open new frontiers, help maximize productivity and provide cost savings."
Agilent will demonstrate these areas of products and solutions at CTIA:
- WiMax mobile and fixed;
- General purpose test equipment;
- New solutions for cdma2000/1xEV-DO mobile test manufacture and repair; and,
- UMTS mobile IP and convergence.
WiMAX Mobile and Fixed
- The new Agilent E6651A Mobile WiMAX Test Set: This test set enables designers and manufacturers to accelerate time-to-market for their IEEE802.16e subscriber products. Created in conjunction with Innowireless Co. Ltd., the E6651A Mobile WiMAX Test Set allows WiMAX subscriber station designers and manufacturers to rapidly move from development to volume production, and to improve the integrity and quality of their products while reducing cost.
- The Agilent N4010A/N4011A: This is a combination multi-channel solution for the 802.11n Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) Wireless LAN test standard designed for high data throughput and wider range.
- WiMAX and W-CDMA with HSPA Signal Generation and Signal Analysis: Industry-leading performance and speed, the Agilent MXG and MXA mark a true breakthrough in signal generation and signal analysis. This is a complete and fast WiMAX and HSPA test system for design and production environments.
General Purpose Test Equipment
- The new Agilent N9340A handheld RF spectrum analyzer: The N9340A features best-in-class performance and usability from 100 kHz to 3 GHz. This handheld spectrum analyzer is ideal for installation and maintenance customers in a variety of industries, including wireless service providers, aerospace/defense, spectrum management authorities, and television and broadcasting.
New Solutions for cdma2000/1xEV-DO Mobile Test Manufacture and Repair
- The Agilent N9360A: This multi-format wireless handset tester now offers a new option for cdma2000/1xEV-DO protocol, providing an invaluable test solution for customers engaged in the manufacture or repair of wireless handsets.
- The new E6833A cdma2000/1xEV-DO mobile calibration test application for the Agilent E6601A next generation wireless communications test set: This new test application offers industry-leading measurement speed and lowest cost of test for cdma2000/1xEV-DO handset calibration in manufacturing.
- Agilent's E6474A Wireless network optimization platform - Release 10.2 adds full support for 1xEVDO Rev A devices, Improved UMTS/HSDPA troubleshooting capabilities, and an enhanced Video Streaming test that provides Video MoS scoring of the subscribers actual service experience.
UMTS Mobile IP and Convergence
- Agilent's 8960 one-box R&D mobile test solution: The 8960 offers real-world emulation for testing data throughput from the device up to the IP layer. The one-box tester offers design and verification solutions based on the latest release of 3GPP specifications. Agilent's 8960 now offers 7.2Mbps HSDPA data throughput testing and InterRAT voice and data handover solutions. The 8960 also has new test capability for Unlicensed Mobile Access/Generic Access Network (UMA/GAN) handsets. It is the industry's first one-box benchtop UMA/GAN test solution.
- Agilent 3G Long Term Evolution (LTE) measurement solutions: These solutions are designed to provide today's R&D engineers with a level of performance and functionality not currently available with competing solutions. While LTE has the potential to enhance 3G networks and enable significant new service opportunities in relation to mobile TV and video, its commercial success requires the early availability of measurement solutions that parallel the standard's development.
- New Signaling Analyzer solutions that support the convergence of mobile IP: These solutions offer real-time network troubleshooting and performance optimization for mobile and IP-based radio access networks. Agilent will show the newest Signaling Analyzer solutions for IMS, UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access) and HSUPA (High Speed Up-link Packet Access).
Agilent is dedicated to creating leading-edge design, test and service-management solutions at the right time and with the right performance. Companies that design, build and deploy the latest-generation products and services for WiMAX, UMTS (HSDPA, W-CDMA, EGPRS, GPRS and GSM), Bluetooth(tm), ZigBee(tm), UWB and others are using Agilent's products to accelerate their time-to-market and improve their revenue flows.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.0 billion in fiscal 2006. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 970 679 5397